For a few years in the mid 2000′s, a group of dedicated Raritan River Railfans would hike along the old Right of Way from New Brunswick to South Amboy and document what still existed from the line.
Here is the write ups of some of those trips.
- Field Trips – Every year, a small group of loyal Railfans take a walking tour along the line.
- 2003 Raritan River RailRoad (RRRR) Field Trip #2 November 15, 2003
- 2004 Raritan River Railroad Field Trip #3 November 13, 2004
- 2005 Raritan River Railroad Field Trip #4 November 12, 2005
- 2006 Raritan River Railroad Field Trip #5 November 2006 – write coming soon!
Train Chasing on the Western End of the old Raritan River Mainline – 4/2005 – a fun filled day chasing the local train as it makes its way west to the last active customer on the line -